It's officially pumpkin season! Say hello to this Orange Pumpkin Mocktail, a perfect blend of autumnal warmth and zesty citrus, elevated with the refreshing fizz of tea botanical sparkling water. Whether you're hosting a fall gathering, looking for a unique non-alcoholic beverage, or simply craving something special, this mocktail is sure to be a hit.
Fall is my absolute favorite season and there is just something so comforting about it. Fall embraces us with golden leaves and crisp breezes, but what I love most about this time of year are the opportunities to share with family and friends. And, of course, to enjoy special drinks that fill us with cozy flavors. This Orange Pumpkin Mocktail combines the best of the season: the sweetness of freshly harvested pumpkin, the glow of ripe citrus, and the spicy touch of ginger. It's like taking a sip of fall's essence in a glass!
Health Benefits of Pumpkin
Pumpkin is not only a delicious and versatile ingredient in a wide range of recipes, but it also offers several health benefits. Here are some of the key benefits of pumpkin:
- Rich in Nutrients: Pumpkin is a nutrient-dense food, packed with vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, potassium, and fiber. Pumpkin is particularly known for its high vitamin A content, primarily in the form of beta-carotene. Vitamin A is crucial for maintaining good vision, a healthy immune system, and skin health.
- Antioxidant Properties: The antioxidants in pumpkin, including beta-carotene and other carotenoids, help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. This may contribute to a reduced risk of chronic diseases and promote overall health .
- Digestive Health: The fiber in pumpkin promotes healthy digestion by supporting regular bowel movements and preventing constipation. It also contributes to a healthy gut microbiome.
- Skin Benefits: The vitamins and antioxidants in pumpkin can help improve skin health, giving it a natural glow.
- Boosts Immunity: The vitamins and minerals in pumpkin, especially vitamin A and vitamin C, play a role in strengthening the immune system and fighting off infections.
- Other benefits: Pumpkin is packed with minerals, it has a high water content, which can contribute to overall hydration, and the nutrients and antioxidants help protect your eyesight, lowers your risk of certain cancers and promote heart health
- Versatile Ingredient: Beyond its health benefits, pumpkin is a versatile ingredient that can be used in both sweet and savory dishes, from pies and soups to smoothies and salads, making it easy to incorporate in your meals!
Orange Pumpkin Mocktail Ingredients
- Naval Orange: Fresh-squeezed orange is the best choice. I used one orange, which yielded about 1/2 cup of fresh orange juice. You can also use store-bought orange juice, but make sure it is pure orange juice with no other ingredients.
- Ginger: Ginger contains bioactive compounds, such as gingerol, that have potent anti-inflammatory properties. It may help reduce inflammation and alleviate symptoms of inflammatory conditions. Ginger is also great for your immune system. I recommend using ginger root for a bold flavor.
- Coconut Milk: a splash of coconut milk will help balance all the flavors
- Pumpkin Puree: I source mine from Thrive Market, but you can typically find canned pumpkin puree at most local stores.
- Sound: If you haven't had Sound before, it's one of my favorite beverages. It's a sparkling water infused with tea and botanicals, creating a delightful blend of organic tea, botanical sweetness, and fruit extracts with sparkling water. What's truly amazing is that all their beverages contain zero sugar. For this recipe, I used the Lemon with Thyme White Tea flavor. You can also experiment with regular mineral sparkling water, although it may slightly alter the flavor profile since Sound incorporates tea and botanicals that complement this mocktail.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon helps support blood sugar balance and it is great for gut health. I like to use ceylon cinnamon.
- Optional: Although I typically prefer warmer drinks for the fall season, I believe that, for this mocktail, a light touch of ice complements it perfectly.
How To Make An Orange Pumpkin Mocktail
Start by blending your freshly squeezed orange juice with a piece of fresh ginger. This step infuses your juice with that delightful ginger flavor. Add light ice to your glass cup. Pour the blended orange juice and ginger mixture into the glass over the ice, creating a refreshing base. Add the pumpkin puree and use a spoon to gently mix the pumpkin puree into the orange juice and ginger blend. Stir until the ingredients are well combined and the mocktail is beautifully orange-hued. Pour your chosen Sound or sparkling water into the glass. Then, sprinkle a touch of cinnamon over the mocktail's surface and add a small rosemary stem to give it an aroma and aesthetic touch. Cheers!
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice or store bought orange juice
- 1 inch size fresh ginger root
- 2 oz coconut milk
- 4 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 3 oz lemon with thyme white tea Sound
- sprinkle cinnamon
- 1 small stem rosemary for aroma and garnish
- 1 dehydrated orange slice optional
- Start by blending your freshly squeezed orange juice with a piece of fresh ginger.
- Add light ice to your glass cup. Pour the blended orange juice and ginger mixture into the glass over the ice, creating a refreshing base. Pour the splash of coconut milk.
- Add the pumpkin puree and use a spoon to gently mix the pumpkin puree into the orange juice and ginger blend. Stir until the ingredients are well combined and the mocktail is beautifully orange-hued.
- Pour your chosen Sound or sparkling water into the glass. Then, sprinkle a touch of cinnamon over the mocktail and add the rosemary stem. Enjoy!