If you're a fan of guilt-free indulgences that satisfy your sweet tooth and boost your protein intake, these Protein-Packed Bliss: Chocolate-Dipped Pomegranate Peanut Butter Bites are a game-changer. Packed with wholesome ingredients and easy to make, these bites are not only delicious but also a treat for your body. Let's dive into the simple yet delightful recipe!
I love empowering my clients to nourish their bodies with intention and balance. Many women I work with often find themselves undereating protein, which prompted me to innovate and create intentional treats like these Protein Chocolate Pomegranate Peanut Butter Bites. Beyond being a delicious indulgence, this recipe serves as a strategic way to infuse more protein into daily routines. By seamlessly integrating unflavored grass-fed protein powder into the mix, I provide a subtle yet effective means for clients to elevate their protein consumption. Now, let's talk about the ingredients!
1. HU Baking Chocolate: High-quality chocolate is essential for achieving that rich, indulgent flavor. HU Baking Chocolate brings a touch of sophistication with its premium ingredients, ensuring a delightful chocolatey experience without unnecessary additives.
2. Pomegranates: Pomegranates not only contribute a burst of vibrant color but also bring a sweet and slightly tart flavor. Packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber, pomegranates add a refreshing and healthful element to these bites.
3. Organic Plain Whole Yogurt: The yogurt serves as the creamy and tangy base for the protein mixture. Organic plain whole yogurt is an excellent source of probiotics, calcium, and protein, contributing to the overall nutritional profile of the bites. You can use unflavored greek yogurt as well.
4. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is the secret to achieving a smooth and glossy chocolate coating. Beyond its functional role in the recipe, coconut oil adds a subtle hint of tropical flavor and offers numerous health benefits, including healthy fats.
5. Organic Peanut Butter: Creamy peanut butter not only enhances the flavor profile but also contributes to the protein content. Its natural richness and nutty goodness complement the sweetness of the pomegranates and the velvety texture of the chocolate. You can use any nut butter of your choice.
6. Celtic Sea Salt: Celtic sea salt adds a finishing touch, elevating the overall taste experience. The delicate flakes of Celtic sea salt provide a hint of salinity that beautifully contrasts the sweetness of the chocolate and enhances the flavors of the other ingredients.
7. Unflavored Grass-Fed Protein Powder: The protein powder is the nutritional powerhouse in this recipe. Using a high-quality, unflavored grass-fed protein powder ensures that you're getting a clean protein boost without altering the delightful combination of flavors. By favorite is from Be Well By Kelly because it's a clean complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids, 100% grass-fed beef protein isolate, and uses a chemical-free extraction.
You will need a silicone mold to do this recipe. Depending on the size of the mold you get, you can get more or less than 10 of these delicious chocolate-dipped pomegranate peanut butter bites. The mold's compartments make it easy to shape and freeze the bites, facilitating the overall preparation process. For reference, the mold I used is approximately 1.5 oz in size.
How To Make Protein Chocolate-Dipped Pomegranate Peanut Butter Bites
To create these Protein Chocolate Pomegranate Peanut Butter Bites, start by mixing organic plain whole yogurt, pomegranates, and unflavored grass-fed protein powder. Fill your 1.5 oz silicone mold about 3/4 full with the mixture and freeze for about 1.5 hours. Next, add a layer of peanut butter, and if desired, top with more of the initial mixture (though not necessary, as I opted to freeze after the peanut butter addition). Return the mold to the freezer. Meanwhile, melt HU baking chocolate with coconut oil, coating the frozen bites with the mixture using a skewer. Sprinkle Celtic sea salt and freeze once more for about 4-6 hours. Before enjoying these delectable treats, let it sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes.
Protein Chocolate-Dipped Pomegranate Peanut Butter Bites
- 1.5 silicone mold
- wooden skewer or alternative for dipping
- 16 oz whole plain yogurt or greek yogurt
- 10 tbsp pomegranates
- 1 scoop unflavored protein powder
- 1 9 oz HU baking chocolate
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or any nut butter
- celtic sea salt
- In a bowl, combine organic plain whole yogurt, pomegranates, and unflavored grass-fed protein powder. Mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Fill each 1.5 oz compartment of the silicone mold about 3/4 full with the protein mixture. Ensure an even distribution
- Place the silicone mold in the freezer for approximately 1.5 hours until the mixture sets.
- Once the initial freeze is complete, add a dollop of peanut butter to each compartment. You can choose to add more of the protein mixture on top if desired. Return the mold to the freezer. Allow the bites to freeze for at least 4-6 hours or until fully solidified.
- In a small saucepan, melt the HU baking chocolate with coconut oil over low heat. Stir until smooth, then remove from heat
- Using a wooden skewer or an alternative dipping tool, coat each frozen bite with the melted chocolate mixture. Ensure an even coating.
- Place the chocolate-coated bites on a tray lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle a touch of Celtic sea salt on top of each bite to cover the skewer mark.
- Return the tray to the freezer, allowing the chocolate coating to set completely. This will take about 1 min.
- Once fully frozen, these delectable Protein Chocolate Pomegranate Peanut Butter Bites are ready to be enjoyed. Let them sit out for about 5 minutes before indulging. Enjoy!